Checking In and Out
Check out that check in!
Source: Flickr. Author: Heath Cajandig
When checking into the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas you will be presented with an experience that is completely new, unique and stimulating to the senses. Cosmopolitan’s lobby is a perfect visual representation of famous artists’, designers’ and filmmakers’ touches which will give you creatively engaging experience.
When you first walk into the lobby you will be presented with eight floor-to-ceiling columns made up of 12 individual screens wrapped around each of the columns. Cosmo’s Digital Art projected on the screens is being shifted depending on the mood, time of day and outdoor weather conditions, in order to set the tone of a guest experience that you will only have here at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. Click here for more details on Cosmo’s Digital Art installation.
How to find Cosmo’s Lobby?
To/From Cosmo’s Parking Lot
Cosmo’s West tower elevator area is located at the south end of the hotel’s parking lot. There are 6 available elevators that will all take you to the lobby. After entering the elevator, please press the ‘1-star’ button in order to reach Cosmo’s lobby space. On your way out of the elevator you will see restrooms to your immediate right. The main lobby area is located to your far left, where you will also be able to find the bell desk for storing your luggage and the hotel’s registration desk.
Cosmo’s East tower elevator area is located at the north end of the hotel’s parking lot. There are 6 available elevators that will all take you to the lobby. After entering the elevator, please press the ‘1-star’ button in order to reach Cosmo’s lobby space. On your way out of the elevator you will see restrooms to your immediate left. To reach the main lobby area turn left and continue walking past the restrooms towards the lobby escalators. Here you need to make a right turn and continue walking straight through Cosmo’s Casino. To your far left you will be able to find the hotel’s registration desk.
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas is a hotel with a well established Check-in structure and a systematic framework for customer registration that is designed to welcome large volumes of guests at the same time.
The regular Check-in time for Cosmo’s newly arriving guests begins at 3:00 p.m. every day. Since there often are a number of guests flocking into the hotel’s lobby at this time of the day, it is oftentimes good to plan your arrival beforehand in order to avoid long queues or waiting periods. If you are already registered at the hotel, but your room is for some reason not ready for your arrival, you are free to leave your belongings at the bell service counter and they will be delivered straight to your room once the room is ready. Additionally, while waiting for your room, you are free to to roam around hotel and explore the engaging, vibrant atmosphere of the Cosmopolitan. You will be notified via SMS when your room is available. For inspiration of what you can experience while waiting please refer to our Top 10 Things to Do and See at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas list.
- Early Check-in
It is possible to do an early Check-in at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
Cosmo has an early Check-in program which takes place after a request made via email, phone call on the following number – 877.551.7778 or via Cosmo’s official online reservation platform. You will however be charged a modest fee, depending on how many hours earlier than regular Check-in time your arrival is. Additionally you are in a position to cancel or modify your reservation on Cosmo’s official online reservation platform. Note that rooms facing the Bellagio Las Vegas are not part of Cosmo’s early Check-in program.
- Ways to Check-in
With over 3000 rooms it is inevitable to bump into a queue at the Check-in counter once in a rare while. Situations like this are particularly common in case you arrive during a prime Check-in time between 3 and 4pm. To easen up your arrival and avoid long queues however, the Cosmopolitan offers a variety of ways to Check you in.
– Counter – The main Check-in area is located at the Cosmopolitan West End Tower. In order to make your arrival as pleasant as possible the traditional single Check-in counter is replaced by eight small reservation/check-in desks, which are all surrounded by a beautiful and exciting space.
– Online Check-in – you can skip lines and check in at the Cosmopolitan online by using your own electronic device or one of the iPads embedded in each of the eight check-in desks.
- Requirements upon check-in
– Legal Check-in at the Cosmopolitan requires an adult of minimum 21 years old. The age restriction applies for the person making the reservation. Children under the age of 18 are allowed at the hotel premises under adult supervision.
– Valid identification – When checking in the Cosmopolitan you are required to confirm your identity and age. To do so you will be requested to show a government issued valid identification document when checking in. In the USA a valid identification would be considered any state ID, military ID, passport, passport cards or a valid driver license.
– Credit card for incidentals – This is essential upon check-in. Your credit card will be charged an incidental fee of $150 per day . As the name suggests, this type of fee covers expenses in case damage has been done or if you use the mini bar. If no incidentals have been made, the money will be refunded to your credit card bank account within 7 business days.
Note that your credit card details must match the card used for making the reservation. In case there is a mismatch between the two cards you will receive your incidental refund on the card used for making the reservation and be charged on the card used for incidentals.
– Cancellation policy – The Cosmopolitan cancellation policy covers any cancellations made 72 hours prior arrival, unless otherwise stated at The Cosmopolitan official website. Cancellations made less than 72 hours before your arrival will result in a forfeit of the initial deposit. Click here to learn more about cancellation and modification of of your reservation.
- After Check-in Tips
Looking for things to do after checking in the Cosmopolitan? Whether you are in Vegas for leisure, business or a wild weekend, you will never be out ofthings to do around the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. Make the most of your arrival and explore Cosmo’s popular Digital Art Narratives which are spread around the hotel, or recharge your batteries with a wonderful dining experience in one of Cosmopolitan’s 12 multinational cuisine restaurants. Have a drink at the fabulous Chandelier Lounge or take a moment for yourself and experience the transformative power of Cosmo’s Sahra Spa & Hammam. If you are curious about other things to see and do around the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas please click here.
Check out time – Check-out time is 11am. Late check-out is offered based on availability but fees may apply. To request a late check-out please contact Cosmopolitan’s Guest Services directly, or contact the front desk staff. Late check-out fees and charges vary based on the length of additional time spent at the accommodation premises.
Note: Another alternative to a late checkout is to have your bags held at the bell desk – that way you can enjoy the city and make the most of your time in Las Vegas before leaving.
- American Express
- Diners Club International
Obligatory charges and taxes
At the Cosmopolitan you’ll be asked to pay the following charges
- Incidental fee: $150.00 per day
- Resort fee: $33.60 per night . Note that Resort fees cover the following amenities: 1) Fitness center access; 2) Other Sport facilities and equipment; 3) Internet access; 4) Phone calls
Optional fees and charges
The following fees are charged by the Cosmopolitan at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between $15 and $30 per person (rates may vary)
- In-room wireless Internet fee: $19.95 (rates may vary)
- High-speed in-room Internet (wired): $19.95 (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: $19.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Pet fee: USD 50.00 per pet, per day
Please note that charges may vary in accordance with your chosen room type and length of stay.